Monday, January 14, 2013

Inspiration Journal Part:1

Happy Monday! I know I'm slacking on my goal of at least one post every week. Last week was a long one between Tiny Human sick with influenza, I had a cold and then worked all weekend. Other than being a little tired I think we are finally getting healthy! Today I want to share with all off you the journal/mini album I made to keep track of my 2013 goals.
 
Earlier this month while browsing on Pinterest I found a tutorial on making a mini album out of envelopes. The tutorial is from Sarah's Ink Spot Blog and you can find it HERE. The instructions were pretty easy to follow and she has great step by step photos.

I had some extra envelopes from Christmas cards so I decided to give this a try. All but the first 2 pages are made using card sketches from Let's Scrap. I flipped the sketches so that they would mirror each other. All of the patterned paper is from DCWV "The Far East" mat stack that I have had for ever. I thought the Asian prints would be inspiring. The titles I cut out using various fonts from different Cricut cartridges.
 
 
I made a pocket on the inside of the front cover and inserted strips of paper with my goals on them. The blank page on the right side is to write inspirational quotes. The stamps are Studio G.
 
I rotated this sketch to make it vertical instead of horizontal. I will journal each month the # of layouts and cards I create. I'm taking part in Let's Scrap 100 Layouts in 2013 challenge. I'm hoping this will help me reach my goal.

2-17-10
Let's Scrap Sketch 2-17-10
The stamps and ink used for the images on these pages is from Studio G and so is the pink flower ribbon. I also used purple glitter glue to draw a boarder between the ribbion and cardstock. I think I will keep track of the most popular posts for each month.
 
7-21-10
Let's Scrap Sketch 7-21-10
 Thanks for stopping by! Come back again tomorrow to see the rest of my inspirational journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment