Friday, April 26, 2013

Let's Scrap DT Challenge 160

I have the pleasure of hosting challenge 160 at Let's Scrap. This challenge combines an interesting mix of required elements; buttons, flowers, a mixture of black and white, sepia and colored photos and hand written journaling. If you haven't played along I encourage you to do so, the challenge is open until 11:59pm central time on May 2nd.

This layout is the 2nd page in my nature and old buildings album. The focus of the page is a beautiful old barn that was on my mom and step dad's farm. I took the photos the summer of 2009 while I was there visiting the weekend of my Great Grand Mother's funeral. The flower's were in their yard.

The background is a craft paper colored card stock. The floral and polk-a-dot papers are from my stash. Wish I could remember what brand they are. The flower photos are matted on a light lilac card stock and the barn on a dark blue.
The bunting across the top I made by first creating a pattern paper by stamping purple flowers on pink card stock. I then cut out triangles and inked around the edges. Since my challenge required buttons I thought it would be cute to put them there.
I used left over triangles to make the flower on the bottom of the page. I rolled the base of the triangles then alternated them pattern up and pattern down. I finished the flower off with a large white button. The journaling seemed to fit best next to this flower.

 The other flowers on the page were also handmade. They were simple to make. I might need to do a tutorial on them in the future. The flowers and colors seemed whimsical so last minute I added the stamped sentiment to the top corner of the page.
And of course the inspiration for this layout was a Let's Scrap sketch. I've been wanting to use it for quiet awhile and these photos were perfect. It is sketch 4-30-11. Thanks for stopping by, please come and play along with my challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment