Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Let's Scrap DT Challenge #159

This challenge was a really fun one. Eniko challenged us to identify the style of scrapbooker we are and then create a layout using a different style. You can find the challenge here. I would say that my style is mostly classic and cutesy. My layouts usually don't have a whole lot of extras on them and tend to have clean lines. For this challenge I scrapped a photo of an old weathered barn. I just love old buildings and nature. I am starting an album dedicated to the subject. This is my first page. I used Let's Scrap sketch 3-6-13.

For my layout I used the right side of the sketch. I'm not sure what style this layout falls into I would say it's a mix of grungy,ephemera and girly chic. I used lots of browns and pinks with the papers and embellishments. Here it is.

The background paper with the distressed edges I my creation. I used a stamp from Fiskars and pink ink on a light brown piece of card stock. Then I ripped around each side and inked them with brown. The photo is cut into 4 pieces and each piece is matted on a dark red card stock. The same red the large flower is made from. The butterflies were embossed images from a cuttle bug folder that I fussy cut around and inked with pink.

The flowers are just a basic fan fold. I found the tutorial from Scrapin Expect the Unexpected. I used a metal feather and square piece that I had left over from a jewelry project to decorate the center of 2 of the flowers. The piece of paper under the flowers I embossed using a Cuttlebug folder then inked with black ink.

 
I really wish I would have pinned the site that I found the flower patten tags. I searched Pinterest for free Ephemera prints and it was one of the ones that popped up. I cut out the tag and matted them on a gold card stock and tied them with twine.


 This layout turned out way better than I had imagined and I look forward to trying this style again in the future. I hope it inspires you to step out of your comfort zone and try a new scrapbooking style too. Thanks for taking a look!


1 comment:

  1. I love this layout, Tiffany! It was brilliant to cut up the photo and mat it the way you did! I love everything about it and it is indeed a wonderful example of the Ephemera-style. Thanks for taking the challenge!

    ReplyDelete