Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Let's Scrap 2-27-13

Hi all!
Today is the release for this week's sketch from Let's Scrap. One of the things that I enjoy about being on the DT is the challenge of having to use a particular sketch. Sometimes they are easy to use and others a lot of thought and trial and error comes in to play. This week's sketch was the latter. I must have printed my pictures 3 times in different sizes and colors and switched my paper around twice that many times before I found a combination I liked.

Let's Scrap 2-27-13


I really liked the cluster of photos and all of the embellies on this sketch. As soon as I saw it I knew that this sketch would be perfect for a bath layout. I had envisioned round photos that looked like floating bubbles with lots of cute rubber duckies. After playing around with different materials this is what I came up with.


I started with a sheet of patterned paper that is baby blue with white Polk-a-dots. Then I layered a piece of pale yellow card stock on top of that. Even though I used rectangular photos I still tried to get the cluster effect from the sketch. I liked the way the black and white photos looked against the yellow background. I used blue chalk to give the circles color and make them look like bubbles. Finally I finished off the layout by adding the ducky stickers. I felt like it was still missing something so I added 2 strips of white ribbon with a piece of cream in between, along the top of the page.

Thanks for taking a look. I hope to see your take on this fun sketch in the Let's Scrap Gallery this week!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic page Tiffany! Love the way you've created the bubbles, the chalk worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully laid out...I love the bk & wh photos accented by the yellow & the blue...what a brilliant decision to go that route! Great job with the bubbles, too! I was going to ask you if you made those bubbles yourself...the chalk shading is perfect on them!

    ReplyDelete