Friday, August 2, 2013

Celebrate Summer- Cut It Up challenge

I love summer! The sunshine, warmth, fresh veggies from the garden and the list just goes on. This summer has been a busy one for us. Between potty training Tiny Human and home repair projects and just day to day life there just hasn't been a lot of free time for crafting. Not to mention an old TV and original Nintendo have found there way into my crafting space (my sweetie says there is enough room to use the Cricut so its not a big deal). Today I managed to sneak in making a card for Cut It Up's "Celebrate Summer" Challenge. I'm really excited that I actually get to play along with the challenge. It seems I usually look at the challenge the day after it is do.


This is my first "side step" style card. All of the elements were cut on the Cricut using the Create a Critter cartridge.I used the swiss dots folder to add texture to the sand. The cloud I cut free hand to have something to mount the sentiment on. All of the papers I used were scraps from my stash. 

Hope you all are having a delightful summer and enjoying the season to it's fullest!

3 comments:

  1. For your 1st side step card, you did an AWESOME job!
    Totally Cute,COOL and FUN!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you got to join us in time! I love your side step card; hope it's the first of many! They're such fun to make.

    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge for our Celebrate Summer challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your first side step! Love the beach scene. Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge! ~Tami

    ReplyDelete